This Page is still under construction as we finalize the new data. Below you will find some relevant data, check back soon for new information and photos!
It’s never easy to leave your pet, but when you board your pet at Hawthorne, you can rest assured that your pet is great hands. We have been taking care of pets for more than 50 years, and that includes boarding both dogs and cats. Our head supervisor of boarding at Hawthorne Animal Hospital, Steven Zacha and his skilled team not only handle the daily tasks of feeding, occasionally cleaning and care for your pets wellness but also treat them as esteemed members of the Hawthorne family!
Record History and Vaccination Updates Prior to Stay
Boarding reservations for non-clients are NOT to be scheduled or confirmed until vaccine records are provided, reviewed and approved by a technician. It is the owner’s responsibility to have the records sent to Hawthorne. Once the vaccines have been reviewed, a technician will call the owner to discuss any vaccines required prior to the reservation. The owner will have the option to make an appointment with their primary veterinarian or with Hawthorne prior to their stay to ensure the pet is sufficiently vaccinated.
A running spreadsheet will be used for boarding staff and reception when taking reservation calls for non-clients. The spreadsheet will act as a checklist for the Tech Flex to use when reviewing vaccine records. After the records have been reviewed and the owner has been informed of the pet’s vaccine status we can confirm and make the reservation, initialing and marking it “complete” on the spreadsheet.
Any client pets that are not up to date on vaccines should be appropriately scheduled for an appointment prior to their boarding reservation. If they are unable to make an appointment prior to their stay, an appointment must be set up in coordination with their estimated check-in time to ensure that the owner is present. Be aware of early check in/late check out fees. Once the appointment is created, the client’s reservation can be scheduled. Upon check-in, pets must complete their appointments before boarding technicians can complete the check-in process.
Pricing for Non-Client Pet Boarding
Pricing for Client Pet Boarding
Dog Villas : $51.45…………………For the Same cage plus an additional Dog: $35.70
Runs: $41.75 ………………………….For the Same run plus an additional Dog: $26.00
Cage (Dog): $34.40
Half of Feline Condo: $28.15
Full Cat Condo: $36.25………….. Same condo plus an additional Cat: $15.25
Dog Villas: $45……………….For the same Cage plus an additional Dog: $30
Runs: $35………………………… For the same Run plus an additional Dog: $20
Cage (Dog): $25
Half of Feline Condo: $25
Full Cat Condo: $30 …………Same Condo plus an additional Cat: $15
Hawthorne’s Villas are spacious canine accommodations for all sizes! Offering approximately thirty square feet of space, the villas also include a comfortable cot style bed. A complimentary bath is given on the day of check out to all villa guests staying a minimum of two nights or more.
Villa camera’s available upon request for $5! First come-first serve!
Hawthorne’s canine runs provide comfort to both large and medium-sized canine guests in a comfortable 6×3 area.
Our Standard Cage accommodations are geared toward our small and medium sized canine guests. These 4’x3’ or 5’x3’ cages are in a quieter area separate from our larger runs.
Hawthorne’s kitty condos provide feline guests with a room with a view if you so choose. This double “room” accommodation is great for multi-cat families or can be converted to a single space for a discount! Shared single units is not permitted.
- All guests are required to be current on all vaccinations listed below and must have an intestinal parasite screening (fecal). If your pet is not up to date, the required items can be given during their stay. We will be unable to accommodate female pets in heat for boarding.
- Required vaccinations/test:
- Canine: Rabies, DHP, Parvo, Bordetella, Canine Influenza, and fecal test
- Feline: Rabies, FVRCP, fecal test
- Required vaccinations/test:
- We use a gastrointestinal low-fat diet in the boarding kennels; however, owners are encouraged to bring their pet’s regular food to avoid any stomach upset.
- Our staff can also give all daily medications while boarding, including insulin injections, oral and topical medications. A small medication administration fee is charged per day.
- Fresh bedding is provided during your pets stay. Personal bedding is permitted. If personal bedding becomes soiled, it will be laundered with a bleach solution. Hawthorne is not responsible for any bedding that may become damaged.
- To decrease pet’s anxiety and make them more comfortable during their stay, multiple pets from the same family are permitted to stay in an accommodation together! For each additional pet, you will receive $15 off per night! Not valid for Standard Cages. Restrictions apply.
On-site Medical Care
One of our animal care specialists will spend one-on-one time with each guest. The time will be spent walking or playing with toys. You can also request specific activities. Since safety is a top priority for us, we do not offer community playtimes involving multiple guests from more than one family. Playtimes are available in 10 minute increments at an additional cost.
When boarding with Hawthorne, you receive discount pricing on day camp!
Admission and Departures
Reservations are based on availability. Advanced booking is strongly recommended during summer months and around holidays.