The holidays are a time for family and friends, and we know that it’s just as important to have your furry family members present as it is your human ones. So whether you are hosting furry family members or bringing your pet to someone else’s home, here are a few tips to help you navigate the holidays with your pet(s).
Hosting Furry Friends
- Keep that high-calorie human food out of reach of any animals. Read more here.
- Let their owners know where is a good area for your pets to go out and do their business.
- If there are areas of your home that you don’t want your furry guests to go, take the necessary measures to block them off appropriately.
- No holiday fighting. Make sure your guests will get along with your pets before inviting them over.
Traveling with Your Pets
- Plan ahead! Make sure their is adequate room in your vehicle and at the place you are staying for your pet.
- Pack your own pet supplies.
- Keep your pet’s diet consistent through the holidays, and keep them away from any high-calorie foods.
- Exercise restraint. In a new environment, pets can act out due to excitement. Make sure to stick to prior rules of behavior.
We hope these tips help you this holiday season. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!